Friday, July 3, 2009

Just A Random Thought

Something has been on my mind as of late, and I can't seem to understand it. How can a church that claims to be a Bible believing Christ centered church, turn their backs to those that may not fit the church image? There is a local church here in town that I attended. When I was younger I felt God's love all over that church, I mean you walked in and you were showered with love to the point that when you left you were dripping wet. Now the last few times I have been there that love is no longer there. There is a lady that goes to this church and she has some issues with uncleanliness and some metal problems. When she walks in the church everyone turns the other way, some may even run. I see this and I think if we are to the example of Christ, didn't Christ spend most of His time with those that others thought to be dirty and filthy? So do we think that we are above that?
What if when we came to God in prayer for a need, a miracle or forgiveness, He turned the other way because we are sinners. Ephesians 5:1 says "Be imitators of God, therefore as dearly loved children." If we are to imitate God and God is love then shouldn't we be love also? God has unconditional love then shouldn't we also have unconditional love? Someone once told me that God's love has conditions, well if that were the case then I wouldn't be where I am today. It breaks my heart to see the church as a whole turn away from the broken of this world. Remember we are called to be imitators of God and God never has and never will turn from us, He is there waiting, His love is always there and I just can't understand how the church can ignore that.

In the twilight of His coming
Dan

3 comments:

  1. well said my Love.
    Before passing judgement at others, we must look at ourselves first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent blog. And you are so right. People are so busy judging others that they can't see their own "sins" or mistakes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You also need to see the other side of the story. Everybody in that church has tried to help her and she has refused and been ugly. She is also disruptive of the service and can be ugly to other people in Sunday School. Yes we should love her and we do or she would not be there at all. We have to pick her up so she can come to church. You would know these things if you went to our church all the time and not just occasionaly or a long time ago. Don't pass judgement on us until you have lived in our shoes.

    ReplyDelete