Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Missing The Mark

We are to follow the example of Christ. Christ got down in the dirt with the lowest of the low and looked them in the eye and made them fell loved and accepted. If we as christians do not do this, we have missed the mark. We should get down in the dirt with the lowest of the low no matter who or what they are. It should not matter if they are thieves, liars, adulterers or homosexual. If we don't follow Christ's example and get down in the dirt with the lowest of the low and look them in the eye and let them know that they are loved then we have missed the mark. I know this goes against the teachings in most churches today, but I would rather follow the example of Christ. We are taught to be holy which this is true. Holy meaning to be separate, but not to the point of where we don't associate with the lowest of the low. How can we shine our light in dark places if we don't go to these dark places? I don't believe that the church is for the saved, I believe the church is for the broken, for those wounded on life's journey and for those who have been ate up and sit out by the world. My own sin and shame left me for dead, left me broken on the wheels of living. Fallen to my knees in the dirt was when I met my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. He bent down looked me in the eyes and put His arms around me and has carried me ever since. What's sad is that today many Christians will walk past those in the dirt and not even think twice about it. Jesus gladly bends to pick those up who are in the dirt, He looks them in eyes and lets them know that they are loved. Ephesians 5:2 says "And live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God." Love as Chirst loved, get down in the dirt with those who need love.

In the twilight of His coming
Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment