Thursday, August 20, 2009

Listen For Christ Is Near

Funny how we look to the sky and await the return of Christ and in the meantime
we allow the broken, the weak and those who are in need to pass us by. We never see them because our eyes are looking up. Should we be waiting for Christ's return? Yes, we should
but we should never lose sight of those who are in need. In His example Jesus knew what awaited Him but never took His eyes off the woman at the well, the leaper and the rest who were in need. We have heard this before that "Jesus Is Coming" and He is but what if He is here now? Matthew 25:34-40 says "Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'
Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you as a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?'
The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me." Could Jesus really be seen in the lost? If we are waiting for His return we only need to listen to our neighbor for Christ is near. This may seem crazy and I am not saying that Jesus is coming back as a human or He is coming in the form of a beggar. We focus so much on looking for Jesus in the sky that we never look for Jesus in those around us. I believe that Jesus came for the lost, He came for the sick, He came for the poor, He came for the broken and the weak. He came for those that others walk over, He came for those that others look down upon because of the way they look, smell or think. Jesus has a place in His heart for the least and I think we who claim that Jesus is our Savior and Lord should have a place in our hearts as well.

In The Twilight Of His Coming
Dan.

No comments:

Post a Comment