Friday, January 15, 2010

Shame On You Mr. Robetson

It's been awhile since I posted anything on here. Not that I had a lack of anything to say
but rather just took some time to think over some things. I wanted to share my thoughts on the comments made by Pat Robertson on the earthquake in Hati. For those who don't know what he said here is a link to a video of the show. http://www.therudenews.com/archives/7237

Saying that Hati made a deal with the devil and Hati was cursed because of the deal and then a few days later to say that he didn't mean it. My question is Mr. Robertson if you didn't mean it then why say it? Maybe it's just me but my first reaction as a christian is to mourn for them and pray for them not to judge them and for someone in his position maybe even contribute his time or money. And let me just say how does he know about a "deal with the devil"? Was he there? Did he over hear the conversation when in line to make a deal of his own? It's interesting that Pat Robertson would be quick to judge Hati for supposedly making a deal with the devil and was cursed but ignore that America would have had to make a deal as well. If in Pat Robertson's eyes Hati was cursed with an earthquake for making a deal with the devil then wouldn't 9-11 be our curse? Nope, Pat Robertson sees it anonther way. In a conversation with the late Jerry Falwell
Jerry Falwell says " when the nation is on its knees, the only normal and natural and spiritual thing to do is what we ought to be doing all the time--calling upon God." To which Pat Robertson says "Amen". So with Hati on it's knees does he call upon God on their behalf? No, he judges them. I have never watched Pat Robertson's show nor will I in the future and other than this recent comment I have never really thought twice about what he has to say. I mean after he thinks demons are in halloween candy. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/10/29/christian-broadcasting-ne_n_338738.html

So in closing I just want to take a few liberties with Simon and Garfunkel's song "Mrs. Robertson" to say
Shame, shame on you Mr. Robertson.

Tonight when you say your prayers pray for the people of Hati and pray that out of this wreck beauty will rise.

No comments:

Post a Comment